Pride Youth Games
Pride Youth Games (PYG) is a residential weekend of activities for LGBT+ young people, taking place in Manchester during August 2019. PYG provides a unique opportunity for LGBT+ young people to get together, have fun and experience sport and activity in a safe and inclusive environment. It is a joint initiative of Pride Sports, LEAP Sports Scotland and LGBT Sport Cymru.
Young people attend PYG from LGBT+ youth groups throughout the UK and many of them face hardships such as family rejection, homelessness, mental health issues and experiences of anti LGBT+ bullying and violence.
PYG brings diverse young LGBT+ people together at a time when they are vulnerable to social isolation and exclusion, and when they are developing confidence in their own identities following, often hostile, school experiences of sport and physical education.
It provides a space where ALL LGBT+ young people, trans, non-binary, intersex and queer, can reclaim autonomy across a range of sports spaces.
Thank you to MCRactive for their sponsorship of Pride Youth Games 2019.
Pride Youth Games 2019 provides unique opportunities for brand exposure whilst providing a chance to build an association with a high quality LGBT+ youth event with a fantastic reputation across the UK.
By becoming a sponsor, you:
- Position your Company as a leader in relation to LGBT+ inclusion, sport & young people
- Extend Your Message Beyond the event through the combined social media platforms of the delivery organisations (e.g. 25,000 followers on Twitter)
- Separate Your Brand from Your Competitors
“Attending Pride Youth Games allowed me to build confidence and speak to other young LGBTQ individuals. I suffer from anxiety and being in a welcoming environment made an amazing experience that I will treasure forever”
Make a donation
We need your support to make Pride Youth Games free for young people. Visit our GoFundMe page to make a donation.
- £8 pays for packed lunches for one young person for the weekend
- £35 pays for sports activities for one participant
- £72 pays for a weekend’s accommodation for one participant
- £166 pays for one young person to attend the Games (fully accommodated & catered)